Washington, D.C. (August 15, 2016)— The grain-based food industry gathers every three years for the International Baking Industry Exposition (IBIE). This year, the most comprehensive event in the Western Hemisphere for baking returns to Las Vegas October 8-11. This four-day event brings together more than 20,000 bakery professionals to network, learn and shop in more than 700,000 square feet of exhibit space.
A host of stimulating new and returning features will create an even more engaging experience for attendees and exhibitors:
- The All-American Tailgate serves as the official event kick-off on the opening night of IBIE and provides an incredible opportunity for networking with key colleagues and suppliers from around the globe. Held right on the show floor, tickets include unlimited drinks, tailgate-style food, music, interactive games and, of course, football on big screens.
- The Idea LAB serves as a hive for innovation and includes an innovation theater featuring a curated display of the industry’s latest advancements, as well as an “Ask the Experts” answer bar. In addition, the new IBIE Bakers’ Dozen Café within the Idea LAB provides an ideal setting to enjoy a variety of delicious menu items while networking with other industry professionals.
- Attendees can also listen to Fresh Take Talks presented by Grain Foods Foundation—20 minute TED Talk-like presentations—about what’s next for the industry.
- Innovation Showcase brings the latest advancements to the forefront in a cutting-edge display in the convention center lobby.
- IBIE has developed—in conjunction with the Global Gold Chain Alliance (GGCA)—a Cold Storage Pavilion, a new area on the show floor dedicated to cold storage.
- The American Cake Decorating Demo Theater and The ONE Demonstration Theater by Revent will feature free daily demos by celebrity chefs and big-name cooking pros showing-off their skills and latest techniques, right on the show floor.
- An expanded educational program will focus on the most relevant issues facing the industry today, featuring expanded content for upper management. The education program now includes more than 90 sessions designed for professionals of all levels and backgrounds.
This year’s speakers are well-known subject matter experts and business moguls that run the largest bakeries in the world, including Todd Hale, Lee Sanders and Ramon Rivera. The education program begins on October 7, the day before the Baking Expo™ opens, with RPIA’s Business of Baking for Beginners seminar and the Tortilla Industry Association’s two-day Technical and Management Conference, which addresses operation skills, safety regulations, quality control, plant efficiency and best practices for the baking industry’s fastest growing market segment.
- Seminars at IBIE 2016 are organized into targeted tracks: AIB Technical, Retail, Bread Bakers Guild of America, International, Management, Sales & Marketing, Ingredients & Processes, Food Safety & Sanitation, and Retail Hands-on (Cake & Pastry Decorating). Sessions are held daily from 8:30 a.m. to Noon and in the evening to give attendees plenty of time to explore the latest innovations exhibited on the Expo floor.
- Popular returning features also include: the B.E.S.T. in Baking Program, The Great American Pie Festival, PMQ Pizza Village, RBA’s 15th Annual Pillsbury Bakers’ Plus Creative Decorating Competition, RPIA’s Business of Baking for Beginners (BOB) and the TIA Technical Conference.
When: October 8-11, 2016
Who Attends: 20,000+ baking professionals
Where: Las Vegas Convention Center
Media Contact: Nick Lashinsky, email@example.com, 619.298.1445, ext. 123
IBIE is sponsored by the American Bakers Association (ABA), the Baking Equipment Manufacturers and Allieds (BEMA) and the Retail Bakers of America (RBA). For more information: www.IBIE2016.com.