Program recognizes leading exhibitors and suppliers
driving progress in the baking industry
Washington, D.C. — The International Baking Industry Exposition (IBIE), commonly known as the Baking Expo™, in partnership with Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery, is pleased to announce the 2019 BEST in Baking Program top honors and qualifiers who will be recognized and celebrated during the triennial trade show September 7-11, 2019 in Las Vegas.
Launched in 2010, the BEST in Baking was originally developed to recognize suppliers who demonstrated a commitment to sustainability. This year’s IBIE BEST in Baking program has been expanded to recognize both suppliers and bakers who have demonstrated excellence in the industry’s most paramount topics including sanitation, product innovation, and workforce development. This prestigious program demonstrates IBIE’s commitment to recognizing leadership within the industry and its dedication to supporting the growth and wellbeing of talented suppliers and bakers around the world.
“IBIE offers the optimal platform and opportunity to celebrate innovation, best business practices, and forward-thinking leadership,” said Joe Turano, IBIE Chair. “The companies recognized as 2019’s BEST in Baking qualifiers are leaders in category excellence. They are shining examples of what we can achieve as an industry and we are honored to highlight their work and achievements. We look forward to the future as we bring industry-defining innovation to the forefront and elevate important issues such as sustainability and workforce development.”
“Innovation is what drives the baking industry—in equipment, plant efficiency, processes, management and how we address global issues impacting our businesses,” commented Chris Luke, Group Publisher, Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery, part of BNP Media’s Food & Beverage Group. “As an industry we are resourceful, creative and inspired. The companies being acknowledged are truly leading the growth of the baking industry. We are proud to partner with IBIE on this initiative and we extend our congratulations to this prestigious group of qualifiers.”
Top Honors and qualifiers will be showcased in the BEST in Baking Lounge located in the Grand Concourse of the Las Vegas Convention Center, where show attendees can learn more about the winners.
The 2019 BEST in Baking qualifiers and tops honors are:
- Cargill | Booth# 451 — TOP HONORS
- Bay State Milling | Booth# 7723
- Ciranda | Booth# 1073
- Corbion | Booth # 6049
- DuPont Nutrition & Health | Booth# 5015
- Holton Food Products | Booth# 232
- Manildra Group USA | Booth# 2036
- Palsgaard | Booth# 7389
- Renmatix | Booth# 212
- Heuft/Thermo-Oel GmbH & Co. KG | Booth# 7737—TOP HONORS
- Air Management Technologies, Inc. | Booth# 6880
- Bakery Concepts International | Booth# 2735
- Hayon Manufacturing Corp. | Booth# 936
- Houdijk Holland | Booth# 7767, 7883
- Intralox | Booth# 6029
- Mecatherm (M-TA Oven) | Booth# 6437
- Mecatherm (M-NS Divider) | Booth# 6437
- Varimixer | Booth# 4063
- Topos Modial | Booth# 4931
- Handi-Foil | Booth# 6816—TOP HONORS
- Flexibake | Booth# 2354—TOP HONORS
- Thymly Products | Booth# 4503—TOP HONORS
- Focus Works | Booth# 5269
- Harvest Food Solutions | Booth# 2011
- ChemxWorks | Booth# 5361—TOP HONORS
- Flexco (Novitool Aero Splice Press) | Booth# 7253—TOP HONORS
- Goodway Technologies | Booth# 2005—TOP HONORS
- KLEANZ (Nexcor Food Safety Technologies) | Booth# 5250—TOP HONORS
- Babb Group | Booth# 5681
- Best Sanitizers | Booth# 2277
- Flexco (FGP Food Grade Precleaner) | Booth# 7253
- Formost Fuji | Booth# 6026
- Koenig Bakery Systems | Booth# 5889
- VMI | Booth# 2605, 6779
- More Than a Bakery—TOP HONORS
- Main Street Gourmet—TOP HONORS
- Nummies Bakery
Product Innovation/High-Volume Bakery:
- Alpha Baking Co.—TOP HONORS
- CraftMark Bakery—TOP HONORS
Product Innovation/Wholesale Bakery, Intermediate:
- Just Desserts—TOP HONORS
Product Innovation / Retail Bakery:
- Victoria’s Sugar Shack—TOP HONORS
- La Canasta Mexican Food Product Inc.
- Sweet Life Specialty Foods
Special thank you to the BEST in Baking panel of judges: Len Heflich, Founder, Innovation for Success, LLC; Mike Pierce, President, The Austin Co.; Tim Ramsey, Senior Director, Procurement and Commercialization Hearthside Food Solutions; and Gina Reo, President, Quality Assurance Strategies, LLC. Each participating judge has expertise in baking industry best practices and innovation.
Join us at IBIE 2019 to celebrate all the BEST in Baking top honors and qualifiers and to connect with baking industry professionals from every segment and in every role. Visit www.bakingexpo.comfor more information and to register to connect with the global baking community.
IBIE, sponsored by the American Bakers Association (ABA), the Baking Equipment Manufacturers and Allieds (BEMA) and the Retail Bakers of America (RBA), is recognized worldwide as the grain-based food industry’s largest, most comprehensive trade event in the Western Hemisphere. A “working show,” where millions of dollars of business is conducted daily, IBIE brings the entire professional baking community together, offering the complete range of equipment, supply and ingredient solutions and showcasing the newest baking technology in 1,000,000 net square feet. The triennial event will next be held in Las Vegas, Nevada on September 8-11, 2019, with a full day of education on September 7.