Rise to the BEST
Is your company setting a standard of excellence in the baking industry?
Together with Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery, the International Baking Industry Exhibition (IBIE)’s BEST in Baking Program will honor suppliers and bakeries committed to excellence in the industry’s most paramount topics—from sustainability and supply chain innovation to workforce development. Submit your application today to be recognized among the best in the industry and gain valuable exposure for your company. As a qualifying participant, you will be featured in Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery’s IBIE Show Issue, in IBIE pre-show promotions and in the BEST in Baking Lounge at IBIE 2019.
For 2019, the IBIE Best in Baking Program has been revamped and expanded to recognize IBIE exhibitors and suppliers that, in their support of the baking industry, have made particularly notable achievements that foster better plant efficiency, improved bakery formulas, streamlined operations and otherwise drive continued growth of the baking industry.
Suppliers and bakers that meet application criteria* are welcome to apply for a BEST in Baking honor between January 1 – April 30, 2019.
- All qualifying submissions must outline advancements that have taken place within the past three years
- One exemplary submission will qualify for Top Honors in each category or subcategory
This category will recognize suppliers that foster energy conservation, reduced water usage, a decrease in landfill waste, healthy living and/ or a reduction of the overall impact on the environment. They will be evaluated based on the following classifications:
- Equipment: Production, packaging and warehouse equipment that improves plant efficiency, reduces energy use, improves worker safety, increases throughput, significantly improves sanitary design, or otherwise brings a notable level of innovation to the baking industry.
- Ingredients: Ingredient or ingredient line that solves difficult clean-label challenges, offers nutritional innovations, improves machinability or throughput, improve supply-chain sustainability, or otherwise brings a notable level of innovation to the baking industry.
- Packaging: Packaging material or design that highlights user-friendly innovation, improves sustainability, streamlines recycling/composting, or otherwise brings a notable level of innovation to the baking industry.
- Logistics: Logistics technology or software that notably streamlines fleet management, significantly improves operational or warehouse efficiency, improves bakery sustainability, or otherwise brings a notable level of innovation to the baking industry.
* This category is open to suppliers only.
SANITATION—NEW for 2019
A sanitation strategy is of utmost importance to bakery facilities in the wake of contamination, recalls and other public events. This category recognizes bakers and suppliers that are developing or utilizing innovative sanitation equipment, infrastructure materials like floors and walls, products, technology, or software that improve sanitation procedures, streamline facility maintenance, improve food safety, reduce environmental impact, or otherwise brings a notable level of innovation to the baking industry.
* This category is open to suppliers only.
WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT—NEW for 2019
Despite a booming economy, bakery manufacturing positions are going unfilled and skilled workers are becoming hard to come by. This category will honor bakers and suppliers who are developing programs that foster sustainable development and ongoing growth of the baking industry workforce.
* This category is open to suppliers and bakers.
PRODUCT INNOVATION—NEW for 2019
From snack bars to cronuts, the baking industry is constantly bringing new, innovative products to market. Open to bakers only, this category recognizes companies that are charging forward with the next “big thing” in baking.
Three winners will be chosen for Product Innovation based on volume.
- Wholesale Bakery, High-Volume ($50 million or more in sales)
- Wholesale Bakery, Intermediate (up to $50 million in sales)
- Retail Bakery
* Bakeries that have implemented notable improvements related to ingredient sourcing, product development, packaging and/or distribution to drive growth of a specific bakery product or product line and the bakery’s overall business.
*Application Criteria: Bakery entrants must be registered and present at IBIE 2019 to win the award. Applications for suppliers must be 2019 exhibitors to be considered. All qualifying submissions must be new or significantly updated within the past three years. Entrants can apply in multiple categories. Bakers will be recognized in three classifications: Wholesale Bakery, High-Volume ($50 million or more in sales); Wholesale Bakery, Intermediate (up to $50 million in sales); and Retail Bakery. One exemplary submission will qualify for Top Honors in each category.